Heat Pump Maintenance in Coral Gables, Miami, Palmetto Bay, FL, and Surrounding Areas
It’s important to have your heat pump on a Maintenance plan with service at least every year. The technician can do the following:
- Inspect ducts, filters, blower, and indoor coil for dirt and other obstructions.
- Diagnose and seal duct leakage.
- Verify adequate airflow by measurement.
- Verify correct refrigerant charge by measurement.
- Check for refrigerant leaks.
- Inspect electric terminals, and, if necessary, clean and tighten connections, and apply non conductive coating.
- Lubricate motors, and inspect belts for tightness and wear.
- Verify correct electric control, making sure that heating is locked out when the thermostat calls for cooling and vice versa
- Verify correct thermostat operation.